Friday, May 16, 2014

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders

Hello friends!
So my hope is that I can post on here at least once a week while I'm in the great land of Guatemala. If not, then enjoy this single blog post and wait until I go to Ecuador in January.
The feels, oh the feels. It feels like I've been excited for months and then all of the sudden these past few weeks the excitement has been drained out of me and replaced with crippling dread and nerves. I'm stuck with a myriad of questions- what if I don't get picked up tomorrow? What if I screw up big time? What if I don't even make it through customs and I have to go home? What if I get seriously ill? All these questions have been swimming around my head at night keeping me up.
I've been so fortunate to have the supportive words of my family and my friends. They all have confidence in me, yet I don't have confidence in me. Why is that? Was I not fearfully and wonderfully made by the most awesome Creator? Was I not knit in my mother's womb, carefully made with all the right qualities to handle what will be thrown at me this summer?
On the last day at school I talked the North Park campus pastor, Pastor Judy, about my fears for the summer. She said that Mother Teresa was wrong when she said that God won't give us more than we can handle. In fact, He purposefully does give us more than we can handle to remind us that we are not in control and we can't do everything ourselves.
Luckily, there's this awesome guy I've met this year at North Park who I can count on to take care of me. You may know Him, His name is Jesus. I'm not working this summer for Merge because it would top all my other friends' summers or for bragging rights; quite the opposite. I'm doing this simply because I feel called by God to be there. Missions are a passion for me, and this was a great opportunity God provided for me.
With that being said, here is my prayer for this summer:
Lord, I pray that You be in front of me, leading me to clear waters and green pastures, and I pray You'll be behind me, ready to catch me when I fall. I pray You'll be beside me, and be my most intimate traveling companion. I pray that you will take me deeper than my feet could ever wander so that my faith will be made stronger. I pray that this step forward in my faith will bring me closer to You. I pray that You give me more than I can handle to stretch out my faith and remind me that I am not in control, not even one bit. I pray that I can be a beacon of light for others who may be lost at sea. Lord, if I am the only Bible someone reads, I pray that Your words of truth, life, and love will be written all over me. I pray that You use me to be Your arms so that I can extend them around those who are hungry for Your love. You have not failed me yet, and I put all my trust in You for safekeeping. Thank You for being You.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment