Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Warning: God listens

So if you read my last post, you saw that in my prayer I asked for God to give me more than I could handle so that I can grow in my faith in Him.
And boy, did He listen.
The night before I came here I was tossing and turning so consumed in my fear for my time here. Little gremlins of doubt we're whispering not-so-nice things in my ears; doubts of myself, doubts of God's faithfulness, doubts of just about everything.
I'm going. No I'm not. I'm terrified. I'm not going. It's settled. No, I have to go. I bought the tickets and everything. I always follow through with everything I do, I should know that by now. I'm going. No I'm not. I'm scared.
On and on and on.
I took a leap of faith, and so I am here. But like everyone's first few days in a new country, it's had it's difficult moments. I feel like God has certainly given me more than I can handle.
And as much of a struggle as this is, I can also see the beauty in it. Like I said, this trip is a leap of faith, and faith I'm going to need to consistently have. But you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.
Warning, my dear friends, God very much listens to your prayers. And sometimes He gives you exactly what you prayed for without realizing the sacrifice on your part that it would require. But that's okay because God's going to stretch your faith like a rubber band. And if your rubber band snaps, know that there's nothing God can't fix.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment